Monday, March 2, 2015

ICE Conference

I recently attended an presented at the ICE Conference and, as always, I had a lot of fun. I went to a half-day workshop on using Lego Mindstorms to teach robotics. We have the kits at school, but I needed a little direction and management help so I feel confident using it with students. I had the chance to build a full robotic car and programmed it to move. I was so proud of my partner in the workshop because our car was done first and it worked! Building robots with programmable sets is challenging- it taps your mathematical and spatial reasoning side, as well as your creative side. Then when you program it you are testing your logical sequencing! It has something for everyone- the builder, the direction follower, the creator, the engineer. I look forward to using the Mindstorms kits with students very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment