Monday, July 28, 2014

Bannockburn School Tweet-along Week 7

I read this great article from the Huffington Post about abbreviations you should know. I had to read it to my husband because some of the abbreviations were just silly, others clever, and others I have been reading in tweets and posts and didn't know exactly what they were. I thought you might enjoy catching up on a few abbreviations you might see on Twitter. There are many more, and the education field has hundreds of acronyms and abbreviations to make everything more confusing. One of my favorite new acronyms is ICYMI or In Case You Missed It. Basically, it means a fun story went around and here it is again, ICYMI.

Here is the full article from the Huffington Post.

Hopefully this will keep you in the loop on what your kids are saying when they text, tweet, post and share.

Just for fun, here is a cute video called Teaching My Grandparents Acronyms. It's more texting than tweeting, but it's so cute.



Your task for this week is to try out an abbreviation or acronym in a tweet. Be sure to use the hashtag #106tweetalong so we can share in your hip genius.




No comments:

Post a Comment