Monday, April 14, 2014

What Are You Reading Monday?

I am very much looking forward to reading Kevin Henkes' chapter book The Year of Billy Miller. I have been a fan of Kevin Henkes since the early 90s when I first saw him at a Peggy Sharp class called Meet the Author (love Peggy Sharp!). Kevin and I are around the same age, so he was a youngster then, and I was in my first or second year of teaching. Even though we have only crossed paths as strangers at book signings, I feel as though in some ways we have grown up together as professionals. I have been able to watch his career grow and become a huge success. I have always enjoyed his chapter books, so I was delighted to hear he won a Newbery Honor for The Year of Billy Miller. I have been looking forward to it like a deep dish Chicago style pizza! Chomp!


No comments:

Post a Comment